Agate ball mill balls
Specifications of Agate Balls
High purity natural Brazilian agate (97.26% SiO2) grinding media balls, highly wear-resistant and resistant to acids (except HF) and solvent, these balls are used whenever small quantity of samples need to be grinded without contamination. Different sizes of agate grinding balls available: 3mm to 20mm. The grinding media balls are extensively applied to in the fields of Ceramics, Electronics, Light Industry, Paint, Ink, Medicine, Food, Geology, Chemical Engineering and so on.
Features of Agate Balls
1.High purity, low contamination to the samples
2. High cost-effective, low wear and long lifetime
3. High specific gravity, high grinding efficiency
4. Highly wear resistant to acid and solvents
5. Highly polished, smooth, easy to clean, low abrasion to the equipment
6. High mechanical strength, good toughness, impact resistance, no broken beads
7. Mainly used for lab planetary ball mill machine
Technical Data of Agate Balls
Optional Ball Sizes
ivory white or gray
soft to medium-hard samples
Compatible Ball Mill Jars
agate jar/PA jar/PP jar/PU jar/PTFE jar/HDPE jar
Element Analysis of Agate Balls
Number and Size of the Balls
1.Pregrinding the coarse, hard material with large balls
2. Use of many small balls will increase the fine fraction if the running time is increased
3. A higher mass (spec. weight) of the grinding balls will accelerate the grinding
4. Size of the Grinding Balls
|Type of feed material|
Hard samples feed particle size <10 mm
30 mm or 40 mm
Medium piece size (<5 mm)
Fine material (0.5 mm)
10 mm or 5 mm
Homogenisation of dry or liquid samples
Homogenisation of viscous samples
These are just clues: the size of grinding jars and grinding balls should be determined experimentally if necessary.
Choice of Grinding Jars & Balls
In order to prevent excessive abrasion, the hardness of the grinding jars used and of the grinding balls must be higher than that of the material used. Normally, grinding jars and grinding balls of the same material should be chosen.
Grinding Jar Ball Configurations (Agate Balls)
|Grinding Jar Volume|
Compatible Ball Weight
Dia5mm Grinding Balls (0.17 g/pc)
Dia10mm Grinding Balls (1.39 g/pc)
Dia15mm Grinding Balls (4.68 g/pc)
Dia20mm Grinding Balls (11.10 g/pc)
These values are just clues: the number of balls should be determined experimentally if necessary.
Calculated Ball Weight
|Ball diameter (mm)|
Calculated ball weight (g)
Related Grinding Equipments
Other Optional Grinding Balls
1. By FedEx /DHL /UPS /TNT /EMS door to door services.
2. By Air or by Sea for batch goods; for FCL. You'll have to pick up the goods at the airport or port.
3. Customers specifying freight forwarders or negotiable shipping methods are available.
4. Lead time: 3 to 5 days for regular products.
Why Choose DECO?
7 *24 hours online EMAIL service!
1. We are a factory manufacturing laboratory planetary ball mills, the best production capability, the best quality control and the best services.
2. 100% QC inspection before shipment.
3. CE, ISO9001 listed ball mills, competitive prices.
4. We provide just-in-time delivery with its streamlined supply chain to ensure you quick delivery.
5. We provide long-life and high reliability ball mills with excellent quality and better performance, resulting in increased cost savings.
6. We believe that if customers are satisfied then it proves our worth well. Customers are always given quick support.